|Dimensions||5.5 × .54 × 8.5 in|
12-Step Survival Guide
Battling Addiction And Ornery Old-Timers In Alcoholics Anonymous
Author: John Barleykorn
Addiction is the enemy.
Addiction is an opponent, a powerful one, but one that can readily be defeated. For almost 85 years, all over the world, people have been smashing and crushing their addictions through power obtained in a 12-Step program. Alcoholics and/or family members will learn about addiction and what it takes to defeat it.
The rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous can be confusing.
See how a new member navigates meetings, finds a sponsor, and faces down grumpy old-timers and AA Nazis. It is not always easy to stand steadfast and find your way. A little knowledge can make a huge difference.
- How to get started. Conquering fear.
- Attending meetings and how to “share.”
- Things to avoid saying.
- Joining a group and how to get active and situated
- What to look for in a sponsor, and simple clever techniques for asking
- Clarification of the 12 Steps, and rationale behind the 12- Step model.
- Standing steadfast among difficult AA personalities.
- How your own thoughts can defeat you, and why comfort is your enemy.
- Unearthing a Power that will crush your addiction.
Only 1 left in stock